Wyndley Leisure Centre Improvement Work Update
Wyndley Leisure Centre are pleased to announce that the second phase of the planned works, repairs and improvements on the athletics track, and field has been completed.
Members and customers will be able to book to use the track from Wednesday 1st June 2022. The works were developed in line with a commitment to improve sporting facilities across the city and increase participation across all age groups in physical activity, as well as an official training facility for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games Triathlete's.
The works to the track included:
- Remedial works to the track
- A deep clean of the athletics track and all outfield areas
- A deep clean of tarmac paths beside the track and under fencing
- Repairs to the track drainage networks
- Installation of a new inside line running rail
- Line marking in accordance with World Athletics requirements to track, and all other athletic areas
- A new 1.2m picket fencing alongside the outer track
- A new IAAF certified hammer/discus cage
- Trackmark accreditation
We are happy with all the work that has been completed in preparation for the up and coming Games. The 4G Football pitch and the Federation Standard Hocky Pitch and the improvement works to the athletics track and field. Should you have any questions or require any further information in the meantime, please contact us here.